VPSA 2021 Engagement Accelerator
The VPSA Engagement Accelerator provides funding for physician-led projects that will improve collaboration among facility-based physicians, across divisions and/or departments, or between facility-based and community physicians. Projects that engage other health professionals are encouraged.
Ideas must provide opportunities to build relationships and effective communication across the physician community between or with any of the following:
- Medical disciplines
- Sites (VGH, UBC Hospital, GF Strong, and the Vancouver Community)
- Health authority leadership
Ideas must address at least one of VPSA’s priorities for facility and community-based physicians by promoting:
- Physician engagement
- Strengthening physician collaboration and community across Vancouver Acute (VGH, UBC, GFS) and Vancouver Community
- Strengthening physician leadership
Benefits of Participation
- Up to $20,000 in funding per project, along with project management support and resources
- Opportunities to build relationships and improve collaboration and communication across the health care community
- Learning opportunities on project charter development, budgeting, leadership, team work, and more
- Networking opportunities
How to Apply
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply?
Funding is available to physicians at Vancouver General Hospital, UBC Hospital, GF Strong, and Vancouver Community.
What can the funding be used for?
The funding can be used for the following:
- Physicians’ time to work on the project and participate in project activities
- Hiring expertise where required (i.e., data analysis, administrative assistance, etc.)
- Catering costs
The funding cannot be used for the following:
- Compensation of clinicians, health authority employees or contractors in the delivery of direct and indirect patient care
- Paying physicians’ sessional time and expenses for required CME accredited clinical training
- Purchase of clinical equipment
- Developing a database or a website
- Meeting attendance that is presently required as part of maintaining privileges
- Transportation and parking (with the exception of expenses incurred by the project’s patient and family representatives)
- Independent physician research projects that are typically funded by research grants.
What is the application process?
- Complete the Expression of Interest application form for initial vetting by the VPSA Project Committee.
- Attend a workshop on project management, including how to complete a project charter and develop a budget. Attendance will be compensated.
- Complete and submit a project charter and budget for final selection and approval.
What are the expectations of successful candidates?
- Complete a brief report on the project’s progress every two months.
- Complete the project by February 28, 2022 and submit the final project report and evaluation survey within four weeks of project completion.
Examples of Previously Funded Projects
Business Transformation Project for General Surgery
UIHHC Inter-Professional Team Development – Nurturing Collaboration Between Indigenous Elders & Primary Care Providers
Interactive Webinars for Women in Medicine
Emergency Department Consultation Guideline Initiative