Small Steps, Big Idea
Small Steps, Big Idea funding provides $1,000 to $5,000 to selected applicants to develop concepts that meet VPSA criteria.
Proposals are reviewed as they are received and funding is awarded on an ongoing basis. Decisions are made approximately six weeks following submission.
Examples of Funded Projects
- Understanding Healthcare Provider and Patient Experiences with Emergency Department Suboxone
- Project lead: Dr. Jessica Moe, Emergency Physician, Vancouver General Hospital, and Assistant Professor, UBC Department of Emergency Medicine
- Ophthalmology COVID-19 Rapid Access Triage and Referral
Project leads: Dr. Zaid Mammo, Dr. Salina Teja, and Dr. Vivian Yin
- My Hospital Footprint
Project leads: Dr Larry Barzelai, Dr. Margaret McGregor, Dr. Jay Slater, and Dr. Clayton Dyck
- Lunch and learn to decrease Banfield-VGH ED transfers
Project lead: Dr. Marla Gordon, Medical Coordinator, Banfield and VCH Director, Residential Care
- Emergency Department consultants liaison pilot project
Project lead: Dr. David Migneault, VGH Emergency Department
Coffee meet ups
Project leads: Dr. Sophia Wong, Dr. Junella Lee, Nancy Desrosiers, and Mary Nieforth
Virtual fracture liaison services in VGH ED
Project lead: Dr. David Kendler, Endocrinology
- VPSA Movie Night
Project lead: Dr. Jan Hajek, Infectious Diseases Specialist
For all questions and support regarding VPSA Engagement Projects funding, please contact us at email@example.com.